This recipe is the result of a melting pot between a Chinese vegetable like Pak Choi and a very typical North Italian ingredient like hazelnut. I hope you appreciate the flavour as well as the easy and extremely quick cooking.
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped as well
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, or whatever oil you like
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts, skin on
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 medium pak choi, washed, well drained and cut into stripes of 1 cm
In a small pan roast the hazelnuts, let cool to room temperature and reduce to a medium crumble. Set aside.
In a wok or a large, heavy-based pan heat the oil and gently fry the ginger and garlic.
Place the pak choi in the pan, stir well, add the soy sauce and let cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes, frequently stirring. Scatter with the hazelnut crumble and serve hot.