Feeling a little heavy after Christmas? Let’s have a soft detox with this warm, creamy and healthy veggie-vegan soup: if you want to go vegan, simply omit the feta cheese.
- 350 fresh or frozen peas (they are not in season!)
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 8 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp extravirgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli pepper, thinly chopped
- 100 gr feta cheese
- 30 gr almonds, skin on, coarsely chopped
Fry the onion in a heavy-based pan with the extravirgin olive oil and the red chilli pepper. Add the potato cubes and let cook for 10 minutes. Add the peas, mix thoroughly and pour in the pan 500 ml of vegetable stock or boiling water: you might need more, depending on the quality of the potato you chose. Let simmer for further 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste and the mint leaves as well (washed and drained). Place in a food processor and whizz until smooth and creamy.
Dice the feta cheese, transfer the soup in 4 bowls and scatter with the feta or almonds, if you fancy the vegan option.